Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Father Growing Old

Reference: http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/ - it just expess my feeling.
Imagine him getting up early to make his own coffee. Reading the WangPao papers. No plans for the day. Turning on the TV a little louder than it has to be. Alone at home. Then the phone rings,he answers it, finds me on the line and ased me whether I have taken my meal. Going coffee shop and meeting old friends.
His son, a grown man now,calling from another country, increasingly distant, more and more a stranger; The call, cheering him up, nonetheless. He says, "How are you? How's everything?" He really wants to know. He is my father, after all. He is growing old. But I don't know where to start.
I want to tell him that I love him and that I'm sorry I have to live my own life now. But these are not the things I know how to say from a distance. These are things I know I may never learn to say. So we speak of smaller daily things,and soon this brief connection will unmake itself, and expire.
Expired it will be, being in far away land, one could not provides the on-hand supports and comforts needed daily. It just get distanced by the days. Being far away, every words become in-materials, another annoyance words without responsibilities. It just distanced by the days.

No comments: