Monday, October 07, 2013

Book: LKY One man' view"

Finished reading LKY book about his view of the world, excluding some continents that is non-relevant to Singapore's context, like Lantin America and African countries. Having follows Singapore's development through the years, since I have interest and knowledge about current affairs. I have the opportunity to make comparsion the improvement in living standard from Kampong Atap houses to beautiful HDB estate. Off course one will missed the fun of kampung freedom of space and standing on solid ground. Facing the fact, landed property is not within my reach. I believe SG Govenment responsibility of providing descent living condition for it's citizens. Having travel to foreign countries, it is comparatively very comfortable HDB living.
Yes, the ability to speak the local languages plays a very important part in the quest for connection. He mentioned his Indian staff ability to speak local language and carrying the posture of higher class member got a better privilages. Surprise to know he still carrying on with his Chinese lesson, he said , it keeps his mind working. I think he also hinted language should starts from young and I do think so too. So difficult to pick up another language myself (average IQ person), age catching up.

No comments: